- 675g/1 Żlb Boned Shoulder Lamb, cut into strips
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 225g/8oz Carrots, grated
- 100g/4oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 25g/1oz Butter
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 420ml/14fl.oz. Stock
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark 6. Season the flour with salt and pepper then toss the strips of meat in the flour to coat.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan, add the lamb and brown on all sides. Add the onion, carrots and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
3. Gradually stir in the stock, season with salt and pepper, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Transfer the meat mixture to an ovenproof pie dish and sprinkle over the parsley. Roll out the pastry to 8mm/1/4 inch and use to cover the pie. Brush with the beaten egg then bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot.
╗ Australia Recipes