- 50g/2oz Butter
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, skinned
- 1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
- 100g/4oz Warrigal Greens or Spinach, washed and finely shredded
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Fresh Chicken Stock
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 Quandongs (or peaches), peeled, stoned and cut into 12 wedges
1. Heat half the butter in a frying pan until hot then add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Reheat the butter then add the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes until softened.
3. Stir in the chicken stock, bring to simmering point then return the chicken to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
4. Add the greens, season with salt and pepper, mix well then cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter into a frying pan and once melted add the quandong or peach slices to the pan. Sauté for a few minutes, turning once until they are heated through and just softened.
6. To serve - transfer the chicken to a serving platter, arrange the peaches around the meat and pour the sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
» Australia Recipes