- 4 x 200g/7oz Crocodile or Alligator Fillets
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Spring Onions, chopped
- 25g/1oz Butter
- 1 teasp Olive Oil
- 12g/1/2 oz Fresh Rosemary Needles
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Dry Vermouth
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Fish Stock
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Single Cream
- Salt and Black Pepper
1. Season the crocodile fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan until very hot, add the fillets and dry fry for 2 minutes on each side.
3. Sprinkle with the lime juice, set aside and keep warm.
4. Heat butter in another frying pan, add the spring onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the rosemary and vermouth and boil rapidly until reduced by 2/3rds.
6. Add the cream and reheat until hot but not boiling.
7. Season with salt and pepper then strain into a sauce boat.
8. To serve - transfer the meat to a warmed platter and pour the sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
» Australia Recipes