- 4 x 175g/6oz Kangaroo Steaks
- Flour to coat
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 225g/8oz Mushrooms, chopped
- 390ml/13fl.oz. Coconut Milk
- 180ml/6fl.oz. Dry White Wine
- 3 teasp very coarsely ground Black Pepper
- 1 teasp Mustard
- 3 tbsp Freshly chopped Coriander
1. Rub the steaks with black pepper on all sides then coat with flour on all sides. Shake off any excess.
2. Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan, add the steaks and sauté for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the steaks to a warmed platter, cover with foil and leave in a warm place.
3. Add the onions and mushroom to the frying pan and sauté for 4- 5 minutes.
4. Add the wine, bring to the boil then boil rapidly until most of it has evaporated, stirring constantly.
5. Add the coconut milk and continue to stir until it starts to thicken then stir in the pepper and mustard.
6. To serve - pour the mushroom sauce over the steaks and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Serve immediately.
» Australia Recipes