- 8 Joints Kangaroo Tail, trimmed
- Flour for coating
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 large Onions, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 Sticks Celery, sliced
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 1 teasp Dried Thyme
- 1 teasp Dried Oregano
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2.2L/40fl.oz. Beef or Kangaroo Stock
1. Coat the kangaroo pieces in seasoned flour. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the coated meat and seal on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Reheat the oil, add the onions, garlic, celery and carrots and sauté, stirring for 5 minutes.
4. Return the meat to the pan together with the herbs and stock, bring to the boil, stirring, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 3-4 hours, skimming the surface from time to time.
» Australia Recipes