Nowadays, almost all business negotiations are in several languages, that is why professional translation services are so important.
Many countries have institutes that provide people with excellent translation services. On the other hand there are some institutions that give accreditations for translators. For instance, Australia has NAATI and AUSIT which are the most important institutions in the translation sector.
The National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (NAATI) is the only institution that gives accreditation for translators in Australia. You have to remember that NAATI doesn’t offer translation services but it is related with all about English translation in Australia.
The Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators (AUSIT) is a national association of professional translators that offers conferences, workshops, training courses and seminars. Likewise it gives information about this industry to other professionals.
AUSIT isn’t a translation company, teaching college or university and does not give accreditations. It is an association of qualified translators; it has the following ethic code:
When you look for someone to translate English documents into other language, you have to be sure about the quality of the service that he or she provides. It is recommended to choose a translator for the service quality.
- Professional conduct: translators have to be polite with their clients and deliver their translations on time.
- Confidentiality: translators won’t disclose any information about the information of the text that they’re translating.
- Competence: translators have to meet deadlines and usually work extra hours to do so.
- Accuracy: Sometimes a free translation service translate the text with the best quality. If they have doubts then they have to ask their client about it.
- Professional development: translators have to improve their knowledge and their skills.
- Professional solidarity: translators have to assist their colleagues when they ask for help.